How well does the Bachmann 44212 analog power supply perform?

Started by cmsluss, February 13, 2013, 12:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmsluss

I'm interested in reviews and opinions on the Bachmann 44212 analog power supply.    Will it operate trains at low speed?  Is the transition between speeds smooth?  Does it perform equally well for HO and N gauge applications?

Thanks for the input... I appreciate the wisdom!

CM

union pacific 844

it a real good mine last 2 and a half years  but it died last night  its easy to use i run two loop of tracks off it two trains running off it   plus Accessories

WoundedBear

If that doesn't make you want to run right out and buy one, then I don't know what would ;D

Sounds like a winner to me.

Sid

richg

Bachmann really wants you to go with DCC.
The DC controllers are toy quality.
The controller will run a loco at slow speed but the quality of the loco is the issue, many times. Not the controller.
How you define acceptable slow speed can be an issue.
A controller with pulse power will many times be a better way for slow speed as the pulses help kick start the motor. The cogging of the motor is what can sometimes prevent a slow running loco from performing well as does three pole motors. Quality five pole motors and even seven pole motors will perform better with pulse power but that is a completely different and involved discussion.

Rich

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

cmsluss

Thanks crew!

My train room has a couple of Model Rectifier units that are solid performers.  I saw a the 44212 on line and I was curious about the quality. 

Thanks again!

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On