Cuban sugar mill HO gauge model train layout

Started by arturomcd, February 18, 2013, 09:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arturomcd

I saw the following YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOuqIHfeBRs showing the 30th de Septiembre Cuban sugar mill, HO gauge model train exhibit.

I understand the HO locomotives are stock Bachmann products.   I will like more information on the train models used on this exhibit and also on the sugar mill and other scenery shown and the layout plan.    I tried contacting the One Model Railway Club in the UK but their website contact address is not valid.

I will appreciate any information from anyone familiar with the steam trains used in Cuban sugar mills circa 1950.

arturomcd
Panama City Beach, FL

jward

nice models of the emd g12 and g8.     i wonder who produced them?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

on30gn15

Quote from: arturomcd on February 18, 2013, 09:12:08 PMI understand the HO locomotives are stock Bachmann products.
Wonder when Bachmann made the B&O 0-4-0T; knew Rivarossi/AHM/IHC, Varney, Bowser, had, but not Bachmann.
I'd like to have another good quality one.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

CNE Runner

Absolutely first rate model railroading! I fell in love with the Cuban-inspired layout and was amazed by everything that followed it on the video. My wife asked; "How do they make things so realistic?" The short answer is "magic". [Don't believe me? How about those self-storing sugar cane cars.]

The layouts presented in the video are from the U.K. (England) right? A famous (and probably fictional) English character is Merlin. Merlin is portrayed as a magician in King Arthur Pendragon's court. Hence these outstanding exhibition railways are a product of English magic. [That's my story and I'm sticking with it.]

Arturo, thank you so much for sharing this with us...truly inspirational.

Regards,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"