News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Overland 4-8-4

Started by eddkay, February 15, 2013, 08:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddkay

I have a Overland set with the UP 4-8-4 steamer.  Will it accept a DCC decoder if so what manufacturer?

utdave

Yes it will   theres room above the motor    i used a bachmann type  they are a little thinner  bachamann sells decoders also.   one thing i did was run a pair of track power into the cab and used a small 2 pin connector  for later use if i want sound in the tender and a reverse light .   the overland steamer is a split frame   so some work is needed to do this.     but worth it      Dave

eddkay

Dave thanks for the info.  Is there a part number for the decoder?0

utdave

i would shop around for that decoder    here it is on bachmanns website        http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1464.

some of the hobbyist dont like these decoders  i havent had any troubles with them .   i do like that they are a bit slimer than other brands    and for your loco  it eas a tight fit   unless you go with a  N scale decoder .       when you do this the frame is what powers the motor.   so theres some work involved but well worth it .   i just need to add sound to mine yet  and havent had time to do it.      Dave