News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Please Bach-Man

Started by Frog Pulling Team, August 02, 2007, 10:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frog Pulling Team

Bach-Man
Can you please make a model of the Union Pacific Challenger.  If so would it feature working head light and smoke unit.  Here is some images of it.

r0bert

why would they? with athearn, rivarossi, and bowser models already available, it wouldn' t make good business sence to add another.

SteamGene

Why go over the same argument again?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Guilford Guy

Sorry to bump an old post but could someone make a post in General Discussion on which models have an especially slim chance of being made within the lifetime of the questioner.....
Alex

LD303

Well this was already bumped so I just gotta ask.....If you call your team frog pulling and you call that messed up mower super frog....why is it red and not green?  is it a tropical tree frog?   doesn't resemble a frog at all.  Might want to fix that.

SteamGene

Amazon poison  arrow frog.  ::)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

lanny

Gene,

When you mentioned the 'Amazon poison arrow frog', were you talking about the 'tractor' or the 'Challenger'   :D

Now I have one more comment, but before I write it, take a deep, deep breath and relax my friend, Gene, so this doesn't overly tax you for today   :)

Here it is ... I really would kind of like to be standing near the RR track when that excursion Challenger went by. I've never been much of a UP fan, but when the recent #844 4-8-4 went by, it really, literally sent chills up my spine ... oh the memories of 'steam power'!

Okay, I'm done, Gene, you can exhale   :D

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

SteamGene

But Lanny, suppose the B&O Museum were to bring their C&O 2-6-6-6 back into operation and you were to stand trackside at Alleghany as it crested the hill and headed east towards Clifton Forge.
My wife stood by the tracks as N&W 611 thundered by and even she was impressed.  Those big ones were brutes, no question about it.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Frog Pulling Team

Hey look at the side of the tractor in this image and you'll see Kermit T. Frog flying along the side.  You'll also see in white the word Super Frog. DUH! :P

lanny

Quote from: SteamGene on August 16, 2007, 10:15:18 AM
But Lanny, suppose the B&O Museum were to bring their C&O 2-6-6-6 back into operation and you were to stand trackside at Alleghany as it crested the hill and headed east towards Clifton Forge.
My wife stood by the tracks as N&W 611 thundered by and even she was impressed.  Those big ones were brutes, no question about it.
Gene

Gene, I can assure you that if the C&O 2-6-6-6 were to be running exhibition/excursion anywhere (within a fairly reasonable distance from Central Iowa) I would drive there just for the thrill of seeing, hearing and feeling, once again, the raw, unparallelled power of big steam!

I read that the recent excursion #844 UP, when running south on mainline UP tracks in Iowa, hit 80MPH for a time. Wish I would have been there!  :)

lanny nicolet

SteamGene

Lanny,
Imay be in your area in October.  My wife and I are driving out to Idaho for a military brat event and we may swing by and see those famous covered bridges. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

lanny

Gene,

The 'Covered Bridges' are about 30-40 south of where we live. Be glad to have a cup of coffee with you if you stop in this area (contact me privately when your plans are firm).

lanny nicolet

SteamGene

Chief Brass Hat

Steam Freak

Athearn Genesis makes a really nice Challenger Frog. It has sound, and it can pull A LOT. And most importantly, its not very expensive.

Frog Pulling Team

Thanks
And which one of you Tire Stabber was making fun of my dads tractor >:(