Bachmann 46605 analog controller

Started by kabeikabei, February 19, 2013, 02:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kabeikabei

Hi, im new in here...
i'd like to ask, can i use bachmann 46605 analog controller for my s4 dcc sound locomotive?
or i should buy bachmann dcc controller to play sound in my s4 locomotive
thank

Doneldon

kab-

Bachmann DCC locomotives are all "dual-mode" decoders, meaning they will detect which kind of power is available and operate accordingly. So your DC controller will operate your locomotive. You will have some sounds, depending on exactly how the the factory set up your decoder, but you won't be able to program your decoder or (probably) control sounds. Some decoders do allow limited sound control on DC and some systems have separate devices which will control some sounds when operating on DC. It all depends on exactly what you have.

-- D

kabeikabei

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

For those that may not be familiar,

Bachmann (wall-wart) hobby transformer AC1601000 plus Bachmann analog control head 46605A =

Bachmann Power Pack 44212

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=209

The wall-wart number may vary......

Hope this helps.  

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

kabeikabei

ok sir, i have another question  :)
i have another dcc ready S4 UP 63105, can i add sound module in this loco?
what module that suit with this?
thanks
kurniawan

richg

Quote from: kabeikabei on February 21, 2013, 07:47:07 PM
ok sir, i have another question  :)
i have another dcc ready S4 UP 63105, can i add sound module in this loco?
what module that suit with this?
thanks
kurniawan

Check the SoundTraxx site. You need to add a sound decoder, not a sound module. Bachmann does not sell a sound module for this loco.
Store the link in Favorites.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/choose/step3.php?t=ho&s=Bachmann

I just looked at the diagram for the DCC ready and the DCC with sound. The oval speaker suggested will be a different fit than the one with sound from Bachmann. That one uses a round speaker that I suspect will be no larger than 3/4 inch but that is a guess on my part. Might be a little smaller than that.
A 28mm, 1.1 inch is usually used in HO diesels but not inside a metal frame, sitting flat.
The DCC ready does have a 8 pin connector but no idea if a shrink wrapped decoder will fit inside the plastic shell.

Rich