News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis pro box

Started by ALCO1000, February 21, 2013, 08:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALCO1000

I was reading the front cover on the dynamis pro box and it stated that it has a pc interface,I was told it does not ,so do I belive what the box tells me?/ORis there too much internet jabber?
Jack

AGSB

I don't think you are reading the box description just right. After listing all the features of the Pro Box, it states, "All this plus a PC interface will....". It doesn't right out say it has a PC interface. I am interpreting this to mean that, in addition to the Pro Box, you will need some other type of interface with your layout (Sprog II perhaps). But it can be interpreted both ways.

There is a connection on the back of the Pro box for interface with the ESU ECos system. I know nothing of this system other than Dynamis is based on it.

I wrote Bachmann directly with the PC Interface question and they responded in the negative as far as a direct PC connection. So from that response I came to my conclusion as stated above.

hawaiiho

I had a Dynamis system which as a controller, I liked very much. My plans WERE to add a Pro Box as soon as the promised features were added(including the computer interface).
Sadly this never as yet has happened; which is why I now have two systems that do offer
the features promised for the Dynamis Pro Box upgrade, including the computer interface.
Without the promised Pro Box upgrade the Dynamis, even WITH the Pro Box added, remains very limited, though as just a controller, I still like it.

Will

Doneldon

I don't believe there was ever any malice or fraud here. My guess is that Bachmann planned or plans to add the necessary hardware for a computer interface in a short time (hence, the printing on the package) but has not gotten around to it. I suppose it's not quite right that there's no sticker over the offending part of the package label, but I see that as a fairly minor thing. The truth it, Dynamis is a pretty good system at a reasonable price. Other than its inability to read CVs, a feature which isn't used by many (most?) modelers anyway, it does everything a DCC system needs to do. Dynamis is what it is, and what it is is a solid performer which will meet the needs of most modelers at an affordable price. It belongs in the running as a possibility for anyone who is considering going into DCC. I have been a frequent thumper of the EZ Command unit but I always encourage people to check out Dynamis because it is a good product.

-- D

AGSB

Glad to hear you say that as I purchased the Dynamis as an entry level controller to DCC. The pro box is available on ebay for just over $200 and then you can have the ability to read CVs and program them in more depth than just with the regular control. It also provides auto switching between Mainline and programing track. I will look at the Pro Box after I try out the regular controller.

hawaiiho

As I said, I believe you will like the Dynamis as a controller. I know I did.

I also expected and planned for Bachmann to follow thru on the promise

they made  more than THREE YEARS ago to upgrade the Pro Box, which in addition to

other features was to include a computer interface.  Something that was and is important

to me. As like a lot of other model RR enthusiasts, I use a  computer to operate and control

my layout via JMRI and WiiThrottle. ( for those of you who are unfamiliar with JMRI and

are interested, go to this URL)

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/

A computer interface is something still not available with the Dynamis system; even with

the Pro Box addition.

Will

ALCO1000

I really like the system and am familiarizing myself with the operation and cv adjustments,never had that much entrainment with the old com. 2000, have 3 sound equipped locos 2 new, 1 Bach s4 and dda40x well and the ath big boy,never really had a chance to fool with the sounds on that one, but its an investment into updating an old layout, well that needs finishing.This is my last layout and really do not think its worth the dollars to install the pro box unless its on par with the technology that others are capable of for the price unless the computer interface is part of the package so I Suggest Bachmann get the deal done, and give the people that keep there doors open, a clear answer to the issue.Where is the interface you wrote about and even advertised about??We are proven to be patient understand this ANOLOGY,Ihave been a Detroit lions fan all my life ,glutton for punishment .When the day does come it will be Glorious.

Best Regards Everyone,
jack