News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Using Auto Reversing Circuit

Started by richd286, February 24, 2013, 12:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richd286

I would like to have a second approach to my DCC turntable but this creates a short when the turntable aligns with the 2nd powered track.  I have isolated the approaching  track and would under the old rules create a separate wired power block with a polarity switch.  I was shopping around the DCC sites and saw an auto reversing circuit used in reversing loops.  As soon as an engine with opposing polarity crosses over on to the isolated section, the module instantly reverse the block polarity and the engine moves seamlessly through the power block.  Have I got this right or am I missing something.  In the DCC world wouldn't this be the solution? 

Jerrys HO

rich286

If this is the Bachmann TT, I don't think you can, but you bring up an interesting idea of using the auto-reverse module to make this happen. I would bet it can be done although I would not want to mislead you. But I think that is something I may try also. If you happen to give it a go before me let us know and I will do the same. The only thing I can see happening is the auto-reverser will start blinking as it does when you have a short or derailed loco.

Jerry

nfmisso

It should work.  You have to completely isolate ALL the tracks leading into the TT, and attach the TT to the auto reverser.

Jerrys HO

nf

Since the Bachmann tt reverses polarity on it's own I was thinking of putting an isolated track designed to work with the auto-reverser on the index you are going to use and the auto reverser would be attached to this section and then use another isolated track section on the opposite end. The isolated track attaching to the tt would need a 9" straight in between it and the tt to allow the loco to fully cross the reverser.

Jerry

Doneldon

richd-

It will work. I did exactly this on a layout I built for my grandson.

-- D

Jerrys HO

Doneldon

I am curious, did you do it with the Bachmann tt and was the setup the way I interpreted it? If not please tell all don't keep this to yourself. ;D

Jerry

richd286

Yes!  The more I look at the schematic the more reasonable it seems.   I have the Bachmann TT powered according to directions and it works fine.  I wanted to add another approach to one of the TT positions that would be a pass-through to the REA building so I could spot the the B&M REA car at the platform.  The new approach caused a short.  I isolated the approach track just to stop the short.  I was looking at the reversing loop diagram and wondered if I could attach the reversing module.

Doneldon:   How does the module interface with the isolated block?