what about a EZ Track Thru Truss or Deck or Girder bridge...

Started by gardendepot, February 27, 2013, 01:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardendepot

Why don't Bachmann make a EZ Track 18" Thru Truss Bridge or a 9" Deck Bridge or a 9" Girder Bridge to go with their EZ Track, The ends could have the same type of connections as the track, this will give the system some new items! Plus it will be great for people to have for rivers and streams on their layout, I think I should not have to purchase a Atlas one when you guys can make one for your track system, look at kato unitrack and their bridges for their track system, I would like to see these in HO scale and you could also do them in N scale.. How about it Bachmann.... ;D

rbryce1

Instead of the 9" or 18" bridges, why don't they just make a lot of different bridges fitted with a slot that the EZ track roadbed will snap into?  Then you would not be limited by:

the length of track length that works in that location on your layout or ...
the position of the bridge within a run of track or ...
the use of steel or ns track or ...
the need to fabricate the special ends on the bridge rail or ...
the length of the bridge would not have to conform to the current track lengths or...
many more I can't think of at the moment.

gardendepot

I think it would be ok to have the track snap into the bridge on the girder bridge as long as its a ballast deck bridge, on a thru truss or deck a ballasted track like the ez track has would not look right so that track would have to made different for those bridges but with the same connectors as the ez track has on each end.  There are other bridges that could be made but that was just a few that came to mind!!

Jerrys HO

I prefer the option not to run EZ track thru the bridges. I find it un-realistic looking. It's very easy to but EZ track to the bridges with no roadbed. On my girder bridge I added light ballast for a great look. My truss in the pic is not one to be ballasted.

I have added concrete abutments since this pic was taken.

Jerry