Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

9 inch power terminal

Started by smallnuts, February 23, 2013, 04:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallnuts

do you hook up two cords or one for dcc power on this pice of track

Jerrys HO

Only one side of the terminal needs to be plugged in you can use the other side to feed another terminal track if needed. If you do use the other side to power an additional terminal make sure you have the wires hooked up correctly. Use a multi-meter and check.

Jerry

Balrog21

I want to chime in here and say that if you have the space of straight lines for it, pick up and add in those 3' sections of track, they are expensive but let me tell you I added in a few to my existing layout and the engine performance increased over 75%.

Joe Satnik

Balrog,

You decreased your rail connectors by 66% (12 down to 4), so I suppose your results make sense. 

Joe
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

lesklar

I switched out a bunch of the little straight track for the longer piece and saw an improvement. I then went and started adding some more feeders by soldering drop wires to the outside of the rails in regular intervals and now have virtually no locomotive hesitation any where. Just need to "tweak" one of my crossovers. ;D

GG1onFordsDTandI

For permanent and proven rails, soldering rail joiners/clips solid would eliminate the need for as many bus leads too. Remove by heat, or cutting track with Dremel tool disc.

smallnuts

Thank you very much Jerrys HO not to good when it comes to wiring,I really appreacate the help.