Main Menu

Is this okay?

Started by Oliverfan17, March 08, 2013, 01:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliverfan17

Is this decoder okay for Thomas?
Z DCC Decoder, 1.2" Wire/BEMF 2-Function 8-Pin 1A

jward

when i added a decoder to my thomas, i used a z scale decoder. mine is a digitrax dz125.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

GG1onFordsDTandI

Oliver, noticed you are "guested" now. I recently had this happen to me. If you havent been booted for a reason, retiered your account, or are unable to start another new account, a messege to Bachmann might be in order. They got me back on. (some issues with email still, but that could be some more MS Outlook flaws/issues on my end.) Good luck!

Fergusfan17

I'm back as fergusfan17, I just accidentally did something stupid...  ;D

Fergusfan17

Not to get kicked off, just deleted the account, by mistake.  ???

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Fergusfan17 on March 15, 2013, 08:38:01 PM
Not to get kicked off, just deleted the account, by mistake.  ???
It is possible you got hacked, it's happened to many people before (don't tell me it) but maybe a more secure password is in order :) hope this was helpful, as like to help people, not to sound mean or sarcastic, I learned my lesson there a long time ago, I'm just trying to help wherever possible :D.

Fergusfan17

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. Don't worry, you're not being mean.  :)

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Fergusfan17 on March 16, 2013, 10:08:19 AM
Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. Don't worry, you're not being mean.  :)
I know, but can be easy to miscommunicate over the internet with no voices or body language to tell by friendly advice can be taken the wrong way, but back to topic :).

GG1onFordsDTandI

Ferg "welcome back"

AJW-2- Good PW advice, but other problems came with my guesting, failure of ANY early am site access(lasted 30min approx), messege and mail-fail, others gone from diffrent scales, etc. suggesting, a system glitch(powerloss data drop?), or the hacking, if it was, isnt merely at account level.

Ferg again- DCC boards can have different ratings, they need to handle the current required by the loco. Larger scales  use larger motors(mostly,some R same). So unless your Thomas's motor fits within the Z boards 1a capabilities, it may work but will the board will probably run too hot, and/or burn out before its due. If your Thomas never draws more than 1a ever, your good ta go. If you cant get a meter to check add a 3/4 amp fast acting fuse on one leg of your rail power if you cant make the fuse blow with your engine pulling max load. You are most likely "safe". ie- It means you are well within that boards limits. If it blows try a 7/8 or 1a fuse, if those blow get a larger board. (7/8-1? remember as Thomas gets older he may draw more amprage). Blown fuse= blown board.