News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Auto reversing controler speed

Started by HOART, February 22, 2013, 02:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOART

My Bachmann auto reversing track works great .However ,the slowest speed setting is rather fast . Is there a way to make the throttle control have a slower start up speed ? Another question is if the auto reversing track could be used with a more sensitive power pack ? Thanks for your comments .Art

the Bach-man

Dear Art,
I believe the reverse circuit is in the controller itself.  I'm sure someone has the electrical expertise to do what you want; I do not, but I'll ask around.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Joe Satnik

Dear HOART,

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,20920.15.html

You could build and put the Dallee circuit described above in your trolly (?) in series with the motor, which will give you brighter lights:

trolley left wheel -----------Dallee diode circuit-------------motor terminal A

trolley right wheel --------------------------------------------motor terminal B

If I knew the exact configuration of the reversing track wiring, (3 connections to track) I could draw the Dallee diode circuit into that, but you would get dimmer lights.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

HOART

Thanks Joe !  It would be nice if I could use a different controller .Not sure if this would even be possible though . Again, THANKS !