News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dcc gp40?

Started by union pacific 844, March 12, 2013, 07:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

union pacific 844

how does a frame get  twisted on a  dcc gp40? some how it got twisted i have no clue why it did this  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Desertdweller

As the frame is made in metal halves, it would be pretty hard to twist.  To be made twisted would require both halves to be made with a twist in them.  Pretty unlikely.

I think it is more likely that at some point, the frame was assembled mis-aligned.  Either at the factory or at home.  Have you had the frame halves apart?

I would loosen the screws holding the halves together and try to bring them into alignment.  If that doesn't do it, it will be necessary to either return it for service, or dis-assemble the locomotive and check the parts against the exploded view in the instructions.  It is possible a spacer may be missing or improperly installed.

Les

union pacific 844

i have never had it apart only had  the shell off and took the decoder out  after it burn up  i will send it in when it dies complete lee 

jbrock27

Maybe the frame got warped bc of heat, as result of the decoder burn up?
Keep Calm and Carry On

union pacific 844

could be but i going to send it in  today a gear slipped on
it so its time to sent it   

jward

you really should be more careful with your trains. you break more stuff than the rest of us put together.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

union pacific 844

only seems my diesels die the most and i hardly run them i run my 4-8-4s and my 2-10-2 every day  and they never brake and my dc controller was about 4 years old and it was used when i got it and dcc controller died  when the decoder died in my gp40