Hi Rail Equipment Truck with Crane prototype

Started by ripvanwnkl, March 15, 2013, 03:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ripvanwnkl

To the Bach-Man: 

I just rec'd Bachmann #16902, a Norfolk Southern Hi Rail Equipment Truck with Crane.  Is it based on a specific prototype or is it a generic truck? 

Thanks,
Dave
Dave
USAF (Retired)

GG1onFordsDTandI

Looks alot like a GMC, or International to me. Catalog pic is to fuzzy for me to narrow it further. Probably a generic, as  paying for use of specific body design here wouldnt seem too me to be cost effective, but you never know. Bach-man?

conundrum

It looks like an '80s Ford medium-duty to me.

How well does it run? Better than the BLI trucks? Do you have to push down on it sometimes, to help it along, or does it run ok on its own?

richg

This one was actually owned buy the railroad. It did not have a hand crank on it though. lol
You can see the small crane on the right in one photo. Not sure if it is electrically or hydraulically operated.

(1) 2001 Ford F450 Super Duty Crew Cab Hy-Rail Truck
Scroll down a litt5le.

http://www.cerail.com/highrailtrucks.html

With track you keep clean, running should not be an issue. Keep the wheels and pickups clean. DCC is very sensitive to interruptions.

Rich

ripvanwnkl

Conundrum, the truck runs fine, as long as the tiny and "flippy" wheels in front of and in back of the larger wheels are properly placed on the rails.   The working headlights and taillights are very effective.
Dave
USAF (Retired)

the Bach-man

Dear All,
It is "semi-generic"...
: )
the Bach-man