Five Operating Easy Tracks on 4' X6' Layout

Started by HOART, March 18, 2013, 04:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOART

Thought I would share how I have four complete HO  loops plus one Bachmann Reversing Track all on a 4'X6' platform . Here goes :
   1- Outer Loop
       12-18" radius EZ Track
         8-9"  straight EZ Track( one left,one right ,3 front &3  rear )
         2 -1 1/2" straight EZ Track ( one front, one rear )
         2- 3" straight EZ Track ( one front ,one rear )

2-Bachmann Reversing Track (  Makes a horse shoe bend between
                                                     first & Second loops )

8- 18" radius reversing track
          3-   9" straight reversing track
          2-   9 " straight reversing end tracks that come with set .
          2-   End bumpers
                NOTE - This required the Bachmann Reversing set plus one
                            extra 9" straight and 12- 18" radius tracks .

3-Second Loop
       12 -18" radius EZ track 
         2-  3" straight EZ Track ( one right side one left side )
         2  - 9" straight EZ  Track ( one front one rear )

4- Third Loop
         12- 18" radius EZ Track

5- Forth inside loop
         12- 15" radius EZ Track
                    NOTE- Since Bachmann does not make a 15" radius
                                rerailer I used an Atlas Terminal Rail Joiner.

Hope this information might help someone .
  Enjoy !
    Art         

Joe323

HOART

Sorry Joe , I would not know how to do this .All I can say is the outer loop takes up the full 4'X6'. The reversing track is next to it and is a horse shoe shape covering about 3/4 of the outer circle from right to left .The next three loops fit inside each other .It leaves a space in the center plus plus some space on the left and right ends .Hope this makes some sense.Art

HOART

I should add that the 15" radius circle is not for long cars .I only use it for Bachmann Highrailer bus , pick up and trolly car . The two largest loops have Harriman style 9" cars .I would not recommend using any of the long cars at all, they would be too long on curves . Art

bfelix

Do you have any pictures or video of this? I would love to see it.
I have a double oval on a 4 x 8
My Ez-Track 4 x 8 HO Layout
http://youtu.be/VuXigR_QGVk

GG1onFordsDTandI

HOART, Check out "Anyrail". Its a computer rail planner (there are others also but I have no experience with them). It is a fun way to plan your layouts. They have a free version too (limited to 50 pieces). Why not try it and show it off, if you dont have good drawing or picture abilities its the next best thing (and add to the giant "show us your layout" post too) (with photobucket(free) or similar photo site with IMG codes).   Check these out, done with free anyrail-5 and MS programs.
Older Post (Ogauge)
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,20416.msg180512.html#msg180512

A shot of the begining of N plan

FINI'

mhampton

You are going to have clearance issues between your second and third loops.  Remember, the specified radius of any curve is a center line measurement.  As you have described the loops, you will at least have some overlap of the roadbeds on those two loops, possibly even some overlap of roadbed onto ties/rails.  I have drawn it to scale, but don't have a convenient way of attaching the image at the moment.

HOART

Mike,
  Don't have any clearance problems .I have 9" Harrimann passenger cars on loops 1& 2 . The two center loops have Bachmann street cars . Between loops 1 & 2 is the Bachmann reversing track . It is not a loop but runs about 3/4 of the way from right to left in a horse shoe shape .
Art