News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

G Scale Tracks

Started by EarlthePearle, May 04, 2013, 12:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EarlthePearle

I have a G scale Bachmann set.....I want to purchase more tracks. I'm having a hard time locating them.....Any suggestions?

TimR

Hi Earl,

Try The Favorite Spot. Great service at some of the lowest prices on the net.

http://www.thefavoritespot.com/m-1-bachmann.aspx?section=-2106-

:)

Doneldon

Earl-

Remember that the Bachmann set tracks cannot be used outdoors. They are not UV
resistant and will deteriorate in no time flat. However, Bachmann now has a line of
track which will work outside. I haven't seen any yet, myself, but it should show up
on this web site soon. I see that the catalog says there are 18 large scale track items
but it shows only seven indoor items.
                                                         -- D

grsman

Quote from: Doneldon on May 04, 2013, 03:17:14 PM
Earl-

Remember that the Bachmann set tracks cannot be used outdoors. They are not UV
resistant and will deteriorate in no time flat. However, Bachmann now has a line of
track which will work outside. I haven't seen any yet, myself, but it should show up
on this web site soon. I see that the catalog says there are 18 large scale track items
but it shows only seven indoor items.
                                                         -- D

Doneldon
When you go to track under large scale, the top of the page says (7) Brass Track.
Click on that and it will show you all their brass track.
I have some of their brass track and like it very much. I can't wait until they make some switches.
Tom

Doneldon

Tom-

I see what you mean. It seems an odd way to list them since the earlier page said 18. Well, anyway, I found them. Thank you. I'm not actually in the market but I have been interested to see them. I wonder how brass will stand up outdoors, especially with the ubiquitous acid rain which is full of sulfur. I would think it would be a real maintenance hassle. Brass won't rot to death outdoors -- that's why it's used for marine fittings -- but I would think that oxidation would be a major problem.

The small allen screws are reminiscent of Aristo track. Does anyone know if Aristo makes this for Bachmann?
                                                                                                                                                                 -- D