dcc control system connections

Started by KiwiSteam, March 26, 2013, 05:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiSteam

I have an  Ezy command and a companion set up and working,I have found out by watching the instruction videos how  the companion stop works ( thought it didn't) My question is -Which DC control unit is used in conjunction with my set up? there seems to be several types (cat.no's) ,and is there a plug I can insert into the command unit to change F10 to DCC ?  K.S.

Doneldon

Kiwi-

If I understand your question, you want the "Walkaround Companion," catalog number 44907.

-- D

Jerrys HO

Sounds like he has the EZ Command and walk around but wants to know how to make F10 a DCC loco. The only way I understand it can be done is to hook the analog controller to the EZ Command to make #10 a DCC loco. I don't know if the walk around can be used with the two or not.
See the below link and scroll to 7:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAin_nEMHlY

Jerry

KiwiSteam

Thanks chaps,yes, I have the companion as well,( I have a booster,not yet connected) The video shows what I'm wanting to do,But if you call up the cat.44212. it talks  about connecting but doesn't show the jumper cable in the picture. I am thinking about getting another companion as well, I have 3 operational areas ,albeit the whole system is in a 8'6 square shed ,around the wall bench style. I run USA, Alaskan,  British,,Plus Hornby Live Steam, and New Zealand (1/64 scale)..By using a multipin plug power to track system, I change supplies and segregate sidings in one move,(loco parkups etc) Thanks from downunder K.S.

KiwiSteam

Local time is 7.05 p.m. @ Cadbury factory Dunedin,  Wednesday.

KiwiSteam

On checking online catalogues,I find that the cat.44212 power controller is shown as dcc compatible with extra knobs? with picture on one site ,and on another it is the dc only unit with a different picture, neither show the extra unit to unit cord? ???

BRS Hobbies

The Black Interconnecting Power Cable should have been included with your E-Z Command control Center and used in combination with the #44212 Bachmann DC speed controller. You might try seeing if you can get the cable direct from Bachmann.

Best regards,
Brian