News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Passenger car?

Started by kamerad47, March 22, 2013, 04:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamerad47

I am try to attempt to put a headlight & ditch lights on the double deck push /pull passenger car  but , I cant seem to get the apart any help or tips????

Jhanecker2

kamerad47 :  We need to know  the manufacturer of  what double decker  push / pull   passenger car your trying to disassemble / and we will assume your trying to add the lights to a car with a cab .  J2

kamerad47

It's a Bachmann cation: /HO Scale/Rolling Stock/Passenger Cars

Double Deck Push/Pull Commuter Car

Road Name: Painted Unlettered - Silver

Product Information
Features lighted interior.

Silver Series® rolling stock features:

• blackened metal wheels
• body mounted couplers
• non-magnetic axles

Price: $55.00

Product Code: 13249

kamerad47

I guess know one has tried to open one or install lights in it ????

Jhanecker2

kamerad 47 :  Sorry  , evidently  no one  has  responded yet .   Have to admit  that type of push -pull  is not one that  would have been used in the Chicago  Area that I  reside in  .  The ones in used here  are based on the original  Pullmann - Standard  Pattern  that is a type of gallery car and a gallery car with a cab for the end of the set .  This pattern is used both for " Metra' or " RTA" cars and also for  Amtrak  Service in this area . I think KATO  makes  that type.  I also  checked in Bachmanns parts , Service & Info section and couldn't find any info there either .   Hopefully someone will eventually   know about  disassembling   the car.     John  II.

PhilipCal

Believe I'd check Kato. I'm not 100% positive, but I believe Kato makes the car our friend is looking for. Check the Kato website, and a sincere thanks to Bachmann for allowing us to exchange this information.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I have some paint sample shells, and it looks like the floor drops out. Try removing the trucks, then pressing in on the windows and wiggling the floor.
I'll try to find out more.
Have fun!
the Bach-man