News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bogies(US Trucks)

Started by Loco522, April 01, 2013, 06:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco522

Hi,
I have recently received 4 carriages that may be Bachmann, and they have 6 wheel bogies/trucks, and I am wondering if I can get replacements, as they are in need of repair. I am in Melbourne, Australi.

CNE Runner

Loco - It sounds like you are interested in a Pullman-style truck (there were others produced). I suggest you visit the Bethlehem Car Works at:
Check out their product line...especially the truck kits they offer. I have found their kits to be of the highest quality. I'm sure one of the vendors assembled units that would suit their needs (try an eBay search).

Regards,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Doneldon

522-

Most modern lightweight passenger cars, essentially anything built since the advent of stainless steel cars in the mid-1930s, use four-wheel trucks. A few extra heavy cars, like some baggage cars, did continue to use six-wheel trucks. However, the older, heavyweight cars used six-wheel trucks throughout. This was true for both steel cars and the majority of long wooden cars. Shorter wood and steel heavyweight cars and the "old time" open-vestible cars all used four-wheel trucks.
                               -- D