News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Changing which direction the Loco moves.

Started by Vetteman, May 03, 2013, 12:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetteman

Hi, new to this Forum and to the train world, so bear with me.  I have two Diesel F7-A Locomotive DCC ready # 63708.  I would like to run them both hook together on the same track, except they would be back to back and running in the same direction.  I lived by the tracks as a kid and used to watch all the trains come by, I alway like the looks of those Diesels hook together one going forward and the other backwards.  They did this when they were pulling large lines of coal cars.  So! can I do this and how can I make this work?  I've been reading a lot messages here and they provide a lot of good info.  
Thanks for any help.

PS, I am only running them as DC for right now.

rogertra

If you are running DC, just turn one around so that it faces in the opposite direction.  That's all you need to do.

If you run DCC, and you didn't tell us what DCC system you are using, you'll need to follow the instructions for your system on how to create a "consist".

It's not that difficult.

Vetteman

Thanks, rogertra for the quick response.  That was so simple and works great, I had been switching wires and trying everything else.  I really feel dumb but like I said, I'm new to this hobby and I,m not sure how deep I will get into it.  One thing for sure, I will spend a lot of time on the forum reading all the posting.  Good info.

Thanks again, Vetteman

electrical whiz kid

To change direction of a loco; call the yardmaster, get an 0-50- general purpose power plant...
Rich C.

Len

http://www.tonystrains.com/technews/consisting-guide.htm

You might want to bookmark the above page.

As it says, it will tell you "DCC Consisting Secrets Revealed or More than you ever wanted to know about DCC Consisting."

It covers Basic, Universal, and Advanced consisting, and how to test what consisting cabapilities a particular decoder is, or isn't, capable of. Also a quick description of what various DCC systems will, or will not, support related to consisting.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.