News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command repair costs

Started by epee79363, April 13, 2013, 02:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epee79363

I have a friend's EZ Command controller and it does not work.  It lights up but does not seem to have any output to the track.  My own works fine.  Does anyone know
what repair or replacement costs would be??

richg

Troubleshoot it.
Get your multimeter out and check it. There should be around 15 VAC on the track. Check the connections.
Put a quarter on the rails. Does the system shut down? If it does not, you have a defective connection somewhere.
Does not seem to have any output is not a positive indication. A volt meter or shorting the rails will be a sure indication.
Rich

epee79363

rich,

Already checked for power, it's OK.  The system shuts down when shorted.  DC engines have power, but do not move.  DCC engines do not spin up, but the functions work.  I don't believe the signal from the controller is getting there. 
I've put mine on the same wiring and plugs and it works fine.  (I really just plugged my friend's into my layout.)
Thanks for the effort.  Was hoping someone might have an estimate on repair or replacement.
Darrell

richg

I seriously doubt you will find anyone to repair it.n That is an old system.
You can find the EZ Command on ebay for about $50.00.

If the locos are getting power, that means the DCC signal is getting to the track.
The DC locos will buzz. That is normal.

http://members.shaw.ca/sask.rail/dcc/DCC-waveforms/DCC_waveforms.html

I hope someone here who uses the EZ Command will jump in. There are some here who do use it.
Since you seem to have the EZ Command, switch the power packs. Right now, that is all I can think of.

Rich