How to add sound to my Niagara 4-8-4 DCC engine #6020

Started by Trainuser, April 14, 2013, 01:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainuser

I want to add sound to my DCC equiped engine. Can you purcahse the tender with sound in it? Does Bachmann sell a kit? Please Help :)

AGSB

If the engine is already DCC equipped, all you have to do is by a new decoder with sound and a speaker. Install the speaker, usually in the tender and you're done.

richg

Quote from: Trainuser on April 14, 2013, 01:45:30 PM
I want to add sound to my DCC equiped engine. Can you purchase the tender with sound in it? Does Bachmann sell a kit? Please Help :)

Bachmann does not sell sound decoders. They only sell three sound "Module" for three specific locos.
Do yourself a favor and  look at the Product Listing at the top of the page.
They have never sold tenders with sound. Only DCC ready and none for sale right now.

Rich

richg

Store the below link in Favorites. He has a lot of good DCC info. Take time to look though all his links.
With DCC, never, ever make assumptions. There are to many variables.

http://www.mrdccu.com/curriculum/soundtraxx/tsunami.htm

Rich

Trainuser

Thanks for the input. I am looking to install a DigiTrax SDH-164D to get sound. Does anyone know how to wire the Cam input to the engine? Can I use the existing wiring? I am new to this and the old guys at my train club are not much help. Any help would be great. Maybe someone out there knows of a better way..... :)