News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Kitbash Parts

Started by Fred Klein, April 30, 2024, 04:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Klein

I recently discovered the On30 Kitbash Parts section on the Bachmann website and have been perusing it quite often. Since I enjoy building my own models, both from scratch and from kitbashing, I have found the site to be quite useful. For instance, I was able to pick up the body shell for an 18' box car for $10.00 and am in the process of converting it to some type of crew/shop car (haven't decided which one yet). The latest thing now is that Bachmann is selling the body shell, roof, chassis and interior for some of the passenger cars, which, if you're so inclined, will allow you to build a passenger car on the cheap. Even though each item is priced individually, the total cost for the shell, roof, chassis and interior comes to $29.00. Now, you will still need to add trucks and couplers to the car as well as some type of glazing for the windows (I use the plastic from flat blister packs, so there is no cost).

Anyway, I thought I'd post this as a heads-up for those looking to add to their rolling stock roster and not break the bank.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

John Tumolo

WOW!  I had no idea this was part of Bachmann parts-I could have used a bunch of the passenger car chassis and roofs for 10 of the Deerfield River Laser passenger car conversions I've built over the years.  If you don't know about these kits, check this out-not affiliated, just a very happy modeler.  http://www.deerfieldriverlaser.com/MaineCarsSides.html