News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Mogul behavior ?

Started by MarkInLA, May 08, 2013, 08:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkInLA

Hi, I may have asked this back a ways..My HO mogul is basically very nice..It is a replacement for another going back maybe 1.5 to 2 years now. First one blatantly lifted up and down as it rolled..This one is lots smoother but it too does this to a small extent..My guess is wheel quartering as looks like side rod is binding/losening..Can I pull pins out of rods and run it without them a tad to confirm my suspicion ? I've heard wheels can not be turned on Bachmann axles or will destroy it. True ?

Doneldon

Mark-

The loco's wheels will freewheel if the side rod is removed, except for the wheels on the middle axle which is the one driven by the motor. I don't have one of these so I'm speculating but it may not be possible to disconnect the first and second drive axles from the rod. I think the rod may be connected to the drivers by rivets rather than screws. I hope I am wrong but getting everything put back in order after drilling out rivets could be terribly difficult. At a minimum, I would think you'd have to requarter the drivers.
                                                                             -- D