News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New 4-4-0 Cemtemials and 2-6-0 Moguls

Started by Chris9017, May 16, 2013, 01:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris9017

I would love to see a run of new 4-4-0 Americans and 2-6-0s Moguls since they are still being made, even in less of a quantity, but in new road names, and with major upgrades.   They would have improved metal gears, metal tender trucks and tender frame, a metal cylinder saddle and pony truck, and metal bottom cover plate.  The cab, boiler, and tender, cylinders, wheels and pilots can remain the same.   Steel cowcatchers and normal plain foot boards for the front can be offered on some models.  Onion stacks could be added along with straight stacks, Sunflower stacks, and caps stacks as well as keeping the current diamond and balloon stacks.    The would also have an additional oil tank on some models so there would be a choice between wood, oil, or coal fired engines.

And here would be new road names on both engines.

South Pacific Coast (Number 9 which was a green engine)

North Pacific Coast

Santa Cruz (Can't remember the rest of the road name but the engine is on display in Washington)

West Virginia Pulp & Paper Company

Nevada County

Denver & Rio Grande

Rio Grande Southern

Denver South Park & Pacific

Colorado & Southern

Eureka & Palisade (Improved more accurate version on the 4-4-0, and E&P did have a mogul.)

I would love to see new 4-4-0s and 2-6-0s come out, since I am a huge collector of the large scale Spectrum 4-4-0 and 2-6-0, and they are such simple locomotives to operate and maintain.  They are also very beautiful, graceful, eliegant, and smooth running, so I would love to see new 4-4-0s and 2-6-0s come out, and with mechanical improvements. :)