News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 Consolidation packaging?

Started by Don Stafford, May 17, 2013, 01:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Stafford

Bech-Man,

Much to my dismay, I have to return a brand new damaged WM 2-8-0 Consolidation to a very large and reputable vendor.  Upon opening the visibly undamaged shipping container, I first noticed the left front ladder laying free inside the container.  Upon closer inspection, I discovered that it had actually broken away from the front walkway.  OK I think, no big deal, a tiny drop of Model Master and it's cosmetically perfect again, even under high magnification.  Put it on the test track and bad news - stops and starts - noisy - barely runs at all - bumping sound  - than not at all.  Bottom line - thrown right-hand side drive rod.

This is the second in my last three new Bachmann locos that arrived with pieces floating around inside the pretty see-through cases.  I can't imagine that the carriers are somehow treating these packages roughly enough to break pieces off inside, especially without leaving any outside evidence.  Is it possible that the design of these packages is not nearly as effective and protective as they are beautiful?
Don Stafford