News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 2-8-0

Started by dwbum, May 16, 2013, 10:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwbum

Hello,
My new connie 2-8-0 DCCequiped came with dummy plugs. I amcurrently running DC but may go to DCC in the future. What do I do with the dummy plugs?
Don

WoundedBear

Install them to run on DC....when you install a decoder later on, remove them and save them, in case you want to revert back to DC.

Sid

dwbum

Thank you for your answer.
I feel a little stupid, but how do I get to the electric (logoc) board? I tried to remove the tender body but so far no success.
Can you give some hints?
Don

bapguy

On the bottom of the tender should be a screw in the center under  one of the front  tender truck axles. Carefully remove the axle then the screw. Lift the front of the shell up as far as you can. At the back are 2 tabs that fit into slots that hold the shell in place. Look at the drawings listed under product reference. Use the one for the 2-8-0 DCC ready. You will see the tabs on the rear bottom of the shell.  Joe

dwbum

Thank you, the connie runs quite smooth now. It was difficult removing the screw and ultimately I had to drill the screw head off.
Don

richg

Quote from: dwbum on May 16, 2013, 03:40:08 PM
Thank you, the connie runs quite smooth now. It was difficult removing the screw and ultimately I had to drill the screw head off.
Don

That should have not been that difficult as all the tender have Phillips head screws. I have a couple jewelers screwdriver sets that have the require screwdriver.
Any loco/tender I have seen has this type of screw.
I sometimes use a bit of toothpaste on the tip as anticam out paste if the screw is difficult to remove.

Rich