News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Weathering Help on a vehicle model

Started by jonathan, May 13, 2013, 08:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

OK, to finish up, I weathered the car by drybrushing a little Grimy Black over the top surfaces; then drybrushed some Floquil Mud on the wheels and the edges of the wheel wells... not too much, just enough to look like the car was out on a Sunday drive.

The scene:  the driver has pulled between a passenger station and signal tower to do a little railfanning, while his wife and brother-in-law wait, patiently, in the car.  The driver got lucky as a P-5 Pacific and E-27ca Consolidation came along with passenger service in tow.  

Here, in no particular order, are some photos.  Other than planting some weeds around the tower, the scene is about finished:

Regards,

Jonathan

J3a-614

Looks great, now you've got me wishing I was that railfan catching a pair of B&O steam trains going by the tower. . .

My wife likes trains and would tolerate some of this; she says steam engines are "cute," even if what we would be looking at would be N&W 1218!  I'm not so sure about my brother-in-law, though--knowing him in real live, I'd say I'd be getting an earful!  Thankfully your "little people" get along better.