News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Spectrum 2 truck Climax parts?

Started by VTBob, May 25, 2013, 12:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTBob

Is there a regear kit maybe by NWSL for the main gear box? Mine's been sitting on the shelf for a long time needing the front gear in the box. The plastic gear split on the shaft which renders the front drive shaft inoperatible.

I don't really want to send it back for one of those fancier 3 truck versions if I can help it. I like the littler 2 truck version. :)

VT Bob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

richg

Check with Dave at NWSL. You can do that as well as well as anyone else can. He does answer email. Dave has hepled me a few times.

Rich

Ken Huck

NWSL does have a re-gear set for the 2-truck Climax.  I haven't attempted to install mine yet.  They have a very extensive instruction sheet.  What you get gear-wise is six (6) beveled gears and two washers/spacers.  These are for the two trucks themselves.  I'm not sure if they have any for the main gearbox.
HTH
Ken

VTBob

it seems that my universals, where they enter the main gearbox are what has failed. You can spin the wheelsets by hand, & turn the driveshaft, but it sits there when you apply power, pistons whirring happily away, but doesn't move an inch.

VTBob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

Ken Huck

I believe Bachmann sells those through their parts-department.
Check it out.

HTH
Ken