Bachmann HO Scale Train E-Z Track Nickel Silver/Gray 9" Power Terminal 44597

Started by bigdaddy, May 29, 2013, 08:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddy

Regarding undertrack power connections to your layout
How are the  wires connected to the track, What else would I need to purchase for the connection.  Also, if I use as an undertrack power connection where will there be a gap.(my understanding is that track was intended for reverse loops)

Reason I would be purchasing is only use the tracks as a power source to connect to an NCE Power Cab which would allow me to keep the wires hidden. 

If there is another power terminal made by Bachmann that would work with what I'm trying to accomplish, please let me know.

Jerrys HO

big daddy

You are correct they were intended for the reverse loop module. You can still use them for a power track and yes there will be an insulated gap there. Underneath the track there is a board with connections on both ends and you can either solder or find some crimp on terminals that will fit the blades on the board. There is also two arms that when using the reverse loop module these arms are separated from the board. Leave them attached to the board if you intend to use it as a power track.

Jerry

bigdaddy

Jerry,
is there a underneath power track that Bachmann makes that you are aware of that's more suited for my purpose?

Jerrys HO

No, that is the only one besides the rerailer. I use rail joiners that I solder my drops to and feed them under the track.

Jerry