Bachmann plus F7A shells placed on a new F7A Sound Value Drive.

Started by lawbench191, May 26, 2013, 12:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawbench191

I have two really nice custom painted Bachmann Plus F7A locomotives. I would like to purchase two sound value F7A units and swap out the shells. I just wondered these plus shells can be mounted on the new sound unit drives. Has anyone done this or checked it out?

Jerrys HO

lb191

I have been looking at that also. There was a link (can't remember where) that showed a pic of the insides of the new sound value and it appeared to be the same as the standard frames just milled out for a speaker. I will try to remember where I saw it.
Although I have taken the Plus shell's and swapped them to the new DCC on board with no problem. If you beat me to the sound one let me know and I'll do the same.

Jerry

Joe Baldwin

Yes, I have done this.   If you old shell is secured by 4 screws it will likely work fine.

Here is a link to some pictures and info I have collected on the different F7 configurations.  Hope it helos.

Joe

http://wwwjoe-daddy.blogspot.com/2013/05/bachmann-f7-locomotive-differences.html
Joe Daddy

Jerrys HO

lawbench191

Thanks Guys! Ill be purchasing me a couple of the sound units for sure to go with my old shells.