News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

hdmi for dynamis ir cable question

Started by raptor106, May 30, 2013, 09:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raptor106

hey bachamnn i was wondering i want to expand the wireless ir cable with my probox. now i see that it a 6 wire cable purple, green, orange, gray, black, and blue. now i read someone use alarm cable but i was looking at HDMI cable and seems it have same color wire in cable plus extra. could that work?

Doneldon

rap-

It should work, yes. You'll have to work out compatible connectors. The colors of the individual wires inside a cable are basically unimportant. The conductors are the same, regardless of the color of the insulation. It's nice that the Bachmann cable and HDMI cable insulation colors match, because it simplifies getting things connected properly, but the colors have nothing to do with the conductivity. Be aware that you can use inexpensive HDMI cables; you don't need pricey ones. The "high end" HDMI cables are a scam. If the cable is certified as an HDMI cable it will work as well as the ones that are hugely priced.
                                                                                                                                                        -- D