News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 2-6-0 Mogul wheel gauge

Started by rf16rnc, June 12, 2013, 11:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf16rnc

Does anyone know if the Bachmann's non spectrum 2-6-0 mogul engine drive wheels are gauged to NMRA standards? The reason I ask: Do to some very good reviews of the 4-8-4 Northern.  I decided to purchasethe 4-8-4 Northerb (current run). The wheels were out of gauge and when I gauged the wheels they lost friction on the shafts and will not stay quartered. The engine is now slated for the junk box. 

Ron

skipgear

Which version of the Northern did you get? The latest one with the knuckle coupler that I have was only marginally narrow gauged, not enough to even worry about.

The 2-6-0 and 4-6-0 I have were spot on. You shouldn't have a problem.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

James in FL

Every Northern I've ever bought has had drivers slightly tight on gauge; they kind of have to be, as they are sold with 11.25r track.
Unless you're having problems over your turnouts, no big deal, leave the drivers where they are.
Most problems I've had were on the pony truck being too narrow.

As far as wheels slipping on axels, that's going to take a re-quarter and some Loc-tite, doable, if you like to tinker.
If you don't... send it back to Bachmann, call them first they will let you know what you need.

2-6-0? Don't know, don't own one... yet!
It's kind of early for me but I could find a place for one, if one would wander south of the Mason-Dixon...

If you get one, let us know how she runs.

Good Luck

rf16rnc