Dynamis question: is there a Neutral setting?

Started by Searsport, June 26, 2013, 11:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Searsport

I recently bought two P2K FM H10-44 switchers with QSI Quantum sound.  The manual says that "Operation of the functions of keys can be different in Neutral state (locomotive stopped) and the Motive states (locomotive moving in forward and reverse)"

Specifically, the F9 key gives:
Very heavy Load on/off in Motive state, and
Disconnect/Standby/Shutdown in Neutral state.

I have been testing my two locos on my test track and neither gives shutdown when the engine is stopped.  I am wondering if this is because there is no Neutral setting on the Dynamis.  When the loco is stopped the handset still shows a direction set to forward or reverse.  Am I right?  And is there a way to select Neutral on the Dynamis?  Or do I perhaps need to re-program Shutdown onto a different key?  QSI shutdown is wonderful if improbably cataclysmic, and it would be a pity to lose it.

I would be grateful for advice. I have asked this in the HO section rather than the General section as I suspect more people read it and sound predominantly relates to HO.

Bill.

Hunt

The QSI decoder goes into neutral state when it is receiving a speed step = 0 from the DCC command station.

To place the QSI decoder in neutral, bring the locomotive to a complete stop using the Dynamis handset joystick.

Bob_B

As I understand it, it depends on track voltage to determine the state of the loco.
At least with my BLI diesel and steam locos the sound system activates at around 7 volts.
Eg. With my Dynamis I can use F6 to either water fill (stopped) or change chuff frequency (moving).