News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2'x3' n scale layout?

Started by mannye, June 20, 2013, 10:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannye

I have a bunch of N scale track and a brand new Highballer set that I would love to put into a permanent layout.  I have barely enough room for 2'x3' but I think it should make a nice little layout.  I can't find any plans using the Bachman EZ track though.  Everything I see online is for Atlas track. 

Also, I wouldn't be averse to getting a pre made layout if it's available.  I just want something nice to display the train set

Brewman

I used AnyRail to check my 2' x 4' layout. It is a free download to use for a limited layout, just do a search for it. You should be able to use 11.25" curved track at each end and I think 10" of straight track.

NevadaCityChris

I have a web site for you

http://www.cke1st.com/m_train2.htm

Lots of track plans in small spaces, even some 2x3's

skipgear

Quote from: mannye on June 20, 2013, 10:43:29 PM
I have a bunch of N scale track and a brand new Highballer set that I would love to put into a permanent layout.  I have barely enough room for 2'x3' but I think it should make a nice little layout.  I can't find any plans using the Bachman EZ track though.  Everything I see online is for Atlas track. 

Also, I wouldn't be averse to getting a pre made layout if it's available.  I just want something nice to display the train set

It will be hard to make anything but a basic 2'x3' oval using Bachmann track as their minimum radius offered is 11 1/4, measured at the center line. This means at best you may have a 1/4" between the edge of the track and the edge of the layout. You should plan for at least a couple inches between the track and the edge of the layout for safety concerns. You need some runoff incase of a derailment.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950