News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

tender frame

Started by union pacific 844, July 27, 2013, 04:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

I have helped Matt recently (see his question on transformers, transformer knob) as well as in the past.  He said I seemed like a nice guy.
Speaking of knobs...
Keep Calm and Carry On

Bucksco

Behave children....my thread locking finger is getting itchy!

jbrock27

...Matt, have you totally given up on finding a new one for your Bachmann DC controller?
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

union pacific 844:
do you know where i can a bachmann gs 4  use dcc tender frame with the wheels on it ????????????? it does have it have the dcc bored with it i have a shell for it i want to make a water tender for my dcc gs4 4449

richg:
Quote from: union pacific 844 on January 06, 2013, 12:03:08 AM

Do you know where i can get a Bachmann gs 4  used dcc tender frame with the wheels on it? It does have the dcc board with it. I have a shell for it. I want to make a water tender for my dcc gs4 4449.

You can try ebay. Also, take time looking through the Bachmann Parts page. There is a lot of stuff there.

Rich

MilwaukeeRoadfan261:
You can in fact find the GS4 Tender frame with wheels on the Parts and Service page under GS-4 4-8-4 and on the first page listed as Complete Tender (GS-4 4-8-4)(HO Scale) for $55. It includes the PCB and a decoder but at that point you just remove the PCB and decoder and hold onto them for spare parts later on down the road.

union pacific 844:
ok  im hoping to get one cheaper  this water is a budget build 

I knew this Topic sounded familar.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Doneldon

Quote from: jbrock27 on July 29, 2013, 07:16:00 AM
Doc, I don't view modifying a frame being one and the same as scratch building.

jb-

Neither do I. I was referencing your comment to Roger that UP844 hadn't asked about scratch building. However, UP844 did ask how to build a frame, not modify one. Of course, a lot of this is just semantics.

I don't know where the line is drawn between scratch building and kitbashing, especially in a world where scratch building includes using manufactured detail parts, beams, windows and doors, corrugated materials, couplers, siding, wheels and truck frames, shingles and on and on. It seems to me that a lot of scratch building is little more than designing a one-off kit using prefab parts. But I also think that if we asked five modelers for a definition of scratch building we'd get at least six opinions.

-- D

jbrock27

Fair point Doc.

Of course, it would be great if Matt answered this for us, but I did not get the impression, from this post (or please see his previous one with his similar question) that he was looking to make anything from scratch, as opposed to modifying to suit what he wants to do.
Keep Calm and Carry On

union pacific 844

im  not really in to  scratch building stuff but if i have to i will