Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

couplers for 47' vintage coach

Started by edschullman, October 08, 2013, 03:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edschullman

I plan to order knuckle couplers for my Bachmann UP 47' 1860+ vintage coach and
combine.

Which couplers should I order for these. I have wide curves and like closer coupling

Thanks, Ed

Doneldon

Ed-

The Bachmann 1860-vintage passenger equipment comes with body mounted knuckle couplers. There's really no reason to change them. If your cars are older models with NMRA/X2f couplers, I suggest that you try Kadee #5 couplers with draft gear. Use the Kadee draft gear if your older cars have Talgo trucks. Cut off the coupler arms and mount the draft gear on the bottoms of the end sills. If your older models have body mounted couplers already, fir the Kadee #5s to them.
                                                                                                                                                                              -- D

edschullman

richg

I have some old time cars like that but used the Kadee old time coupler, the 711. The #5 are nice but oversize. Make the cars look like a little boy wearing his father's shoes.
Kadee has a more prototypical size coupler but don't remember which one. Look though the Kadee catalog for a suitable size.
It's your railroad so you might be happy with the #5.

Rich