News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

It Ain't Workin'....Is It Just Me???

Started by k0tbt, September 05, 2007, 09:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k0tbt

Hello All

I'm trying to remove the shell/body of the Davenport 0-4-0 siderod.  The instructions say to remove the screw and then the coupler/coupler pocket at each end.......done!  The shell is removed by lifting upward.....ain't working!!   The two ends seem to come free, but the middle is hanging up.  It's in the area where the cab and the hood join.  It feels like it's hanging on something or clipped to something or?????  Obviously, there's a limit as to how much squeezing, pulling, twisting, cussing can be applied before I break something.

Anybody else experience problems removing the shell?   Is there a trick or as I mentioned, is it just me?

Karl

k0tbt

82 people viewed this posting thus far, and NOBODY has experienced any problems removing the shell or can offer any hints?

Maybe I've just got a defective locomotive.

Karl

C.P.R.R. Manager

I've been thinking of taking the Davenport apart, planning to replace the cab with something more rustic, but your email got my curiosity going. 

The instructions are right, you just have to remove the screws on each coupler.  But then you have to remove the coupler pocket at each end.  These are the black things with 3 slots, that the couplers are sticking out of.  The pockets pull strainght out the front and back, and this "unlocks" the body.  It did take some effort to remove the body on my Davenport, but not too much.

I do hope that helps.  These things are such intricate little puzzles.