News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

changing volume on spectrum 4-4-0

Started by mark james, October 06, 2013, 01:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark james

The cv is set to 255 for whistle volume but I can barely hear it and when i try to change the cv it won't go any hire than 255

GN.2-6-8-0

That Cuz's 255 is your Max sound level.
Rocky Lives

mark james

Im using a digitrax dcs51 if i use it programing track or under ops when i put 129 in it just sits their blinks and doesnt give me a chance to lower or raise the volume it never says what its set at.  Yesterday it said 255  i tried lowering it to 100 but the voluum never change. Its not nearly loud enough to hear  even on my  small layout

West Bound

I used to have a DCS51. I never did get it to read any cv's. I now use a Sprog II to program and read CV. It is a lot easier and less stressful. You will also have a record of your settings on your computer. You should be able to program all your sound CV on the main in Ops mode. When you say blinking light, are you talking about the CVS51 or the loco headlight? -John

mark james

The dcs51 blinks 129, it seems to never find the 129 cv.  i think its suppose to stop blinking and tell me what cv is set at so i can change it

West Bound

As I previously said, I could never get DCS51 to read any CV. Do you know how to use the DCS51 to program CV? If so instead of reading CV just re-program the CV.

mark james

I'm just following the instructions in digitrax book  I assume  you  put 129  in when you hit  the cv -rd button and then it will tell me what its set at  , then i  can change it to a higher number but it just  blinks 129 and never reads the setting,  just looking for help

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

Are you programming in blast mode? On that controller, you have to program Soundtraxx decoders in Blast mode or it won't program.

mark james

Thats the first time i ever heard of blast mode, how would i do that

West Bound

Blast mode is used to program some decoders. You set it with option switch 07. See dcs51 instruction manual section 28. There is a Digitrax Yahoo group that you can join that can help you by reading and searching posts. - John

mark james

wjstix

You should also check the CV for the overall volume. You can set the whistle up to the max, but if the overall volume is say 50%, the whistle is only going to be 50% as loud as maximum. Sometimes you need to set the overall volume way up, then turn down the other sounds leaving the whistle at top volume.