News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Header plug with HO GP9

Started by mikeychris, October 17, 2013, 05:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeychris

I recently bought two HO scale Bachmann GP9's (came with DCC). They both run great on DC (I have no DCC system). They both came with what look like jumper plugs that I assume can be used if you want to remove the DCC decoders. However, the instructions do not mention them, and I can't figure out how to remove the shell.

Any advice is appreciated.

Jerrys HO

Mikey or Chris,

Pop the fuel tank off and there should be 2 or 4 screws underneath. Pull the shell straight up. Be careful pulling the decoder out a little wiggle side to side with an upwards motion should do it. Plug the jumper in it's place and your ready to go.

Jerry

richg

http://www.soundtraxx.com/documents/appnotes/bachmann_gp9.pdf

Store the link. You might want to try sound some day or just plug in a non sound decoder. At least this will show you how to open.
I believe the GP7 is about the same.

Rich

mikeychris

Thanx to both Rich & Jerry. I have saved the PDF for reference.

I was on the right track (I had removed all the screws involved) but just didn't apply enough pressure I guess. I appreciate the quick help guys.

richg

That is why I always tell people here, a picture is usually worth a thousand words. A few sentences or paragraphs are good but a link or two with pictures makes model railroading much more fun.
Many are not aware that you can even store this thread in Favorites or Bookmarks for quick reference.

A few here do that also, especially if it is a thread they started.

Rich