News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

S4 SPEEKER ENCLOSURE WOW!

Started by ALCO1000, November 22, 2013, 03:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALCO1000

HAD MY S4 APART LOOKING FOR ROOM FOR A LITTLE WEIGHT UP FRONT, FOUND MORE WEIGHT ON THE REAR TRUCK APROX 70-30 WEIGHT RATIO , BUT WHAT REALLY IMPRESSED ME IS THE THOUGHT THEY PUT INTO THE SPEAKER ENCLOSURE  THAT TAKES UP A WHOLE LOT OF ROOM .WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS ALREADY MODIFIED THIS ,AND HOW DID IT EFFECT THE SOUND VERSES PULLING POWER
THANKS IN ADVANCE.\ JACK

Doneldon

ALCO-

Leave the speaker enclosure alone. The quality of the sound, especially lower tones, is proportional to the size of the enclosure. I'm sure you can make the enclosure smaller so you'll have more space for adding weight, but you'll gain that space at the cost of your sound quality. I suggest squeezing in weight where you can but not in place of enclosure volume. Maybe you can construct a new speaker enclosure from lead sheet, thus preserving the sound while increasing the traction. (Not entirely a joke!)
                                                                                                                                                                        -- D

richg

Quote from: ALCO1000 on November 22, 2013, 03:02:47 PM
HAD MY S4 APART LOOKING FOR ROOM FOR A LITTLE WEIGHT UP FRONT, FOUND MORE WEIGHT ON THE REAR TRUCK APROX 70-30 WEIGHT RATIO , BUT WHAT REALLY IMPRESSED ME IS THE THOUGHT THEY PUT INTO THE SPEAKER ENCLOSURE  THAT TAKES UP A WHOLE LOT OF ROOM .WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS ALREADY MODIFIED THIS ,AND HOW DID IT EFFECT THE SOUND VERSES PULLING POWER
THANKS IN ADVANCE.\ JACK

Please, you do not have to yell.

Rich

ALCO1000

Sory Rich , its just these lod hands and eyes trying to type and see at the same time .I thought the same about THE SPEAKER ENCLOSURE  oops!,I Can see the science of sound that went into that and the guessing 10 mm speeker,They got the most out of that one  I AM TELLING YOU A+++++ On the designer, BUT for the non sound units a good hunk of metal there would do the trick easy , but the sound loco has some space but it would have to be worked like they did with the speaker, thought ABOUT A METAL SPEAKER enclosure Great minds think alike,,Anyway, metal is dense and not very good for acoustics , WOOD OR CORK IS BEST but too light ,at the top of the cab there is some room Some? wrong end? HuMMM??? ???
I need to stop thinking
JS

Doneldon

ALCO-

If you hold your CTRL (control) key down while moving the wheel
on your mouse you can change the size of your screen display,
larger or smaller.
                                      -- D