News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old Models

Started by Ebing98, November 17, 2013, 02:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebing98

Hey is there any way to get replacement parts for an old model?

Woody Elmore

Your question is like asking, "where can I get car parts for old cars."

Tou need to indicate the item for which you need parts. Parts show up on Ebay from time to time and I have has luck going to train shows.

Doneldon

Ebing-

Bachmann has a limited number of parts listed elsewhere on this site plus you can call service
if the part you need isn't listed. They sometimes have parts which aren't included with the
regular listings. You can find part numbers on the paperwork you received with your model or
elsewhere on this web site.
                                                -- D

JRG1951

For the most part the answer is no.

Most modern manufactures do not stock parts for out of production models. If they do, then only for a short time. The current production model may be revised and the older parts may no longer be stocked. This is the way it is now that overseas production is the normal chain of supply. I keep my old Bachmann 4-8-4's running by buying parts and old engines off of EBay. I have learned to identify models that use the same parts as my models.

Bachmann does have a lifetime policy to repair or replace models that were purchased new. You may not always get the same model back, but they should get an A for trying.

Regards, John *************

Scientists dream about doing great things. Engineers do them.  <> James A. Michener