News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Alco S2

Started by AlcoStu, November 23, 2013, 10:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlcoStu

I purchased a DCC Ready Alco S-2, I removed the shell but see no plug for the decoder, where would a decoder be placed and what type?

Jerrys HO

On the top of the pc board you should see a rectangle receptacle. There may be a dummy plug inserted in it right now. Remove the dummy plug and plug in the decoder.

Jerry

AlcoStu

Quote from: Jerrys HO on November 23, 2013, 11:08:29 AM
On the top of the pc board you should see a rectangle receptacle. There may be a dummy plug inserted in it right now. Remove the dummy plug and plug in the decoder.

Jerry

Right in front of my face.... Thanks Jerry!

richg

Quote from: AlcoStu on November 23, 2013, 02:01:02 PM
Quote from: Jerrys HO on November 23, 2013, 11:08:29 AM

Jerry

Right in front of my face.... Thanks Jerry!

You must have been looking for a plug instead of a socket. lol

Rich

Jerrys HO

Stu,

You must have an engineering degree, cause you figured out the hard part and left the obvious to the operator. ;D ::)

Glad I could help. Did not want to say this but I cheated and did what Rich tells everyone "look in the parts diagram it's right there in front of you" ::) he was right.
Mine is the sound value one and if I'm correct (maybe not) I believe the decoder is board style not plug and play.

Jerry