bought a bachmann ho alco rs diesel loco

Started by paj, November 23, 2013, 08:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paj

there was a small 6 pin circuit board attached to  the loco in a plastic bag.what is this for

ALCO1000

richg

Bachmann does not have a Alco RS.

That 6 pin plug is to run a loco under DC. Pull the decoder and insert the adapter.
Your diagram page should show that. My Bachmann diagram pages show the adapter for DCC ready and some DCC sound onboard.

Rich

rogertra

Quote from: richg on November 24, 2013, 01:05:58 AM
Bachmann does not have a Alco RS.

That 6 pin plug is to run a loco under DC. Pull the decoder and insert the adapter.
Your diagram page should show that. My Bachmann diagram pages show the adapter for DCC ready and some DCC sound onboard.

Rich

Rich.  

Bachmann do an RS-3 with or without sound, which I'm guessing is what he meant.  Nice looking engine but sadly not in the right CNR or CPR colours for me, otherwise I would have purchased a few for kit-bashing into more accurate Canadian RS-3s.

richg

I was thinking the RS-3 also but was not sure because of the Alco term. At first I went to the diagram page and did not see Also. I did see Alco later in the online catalog. Not very familiar wit diesels.
It does have the eight pin socket with adapter. The diagram page does not show thee\ socket or adapter. I did see the socket and adapter in the Parts page.

Below is what the PC board looks like in the Parts section.

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_68_572&products_id=3875

There is a sound value model also.

Rich