News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Recommended DCC settings

Started by dwbum, November 24, 2013, 01:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwbum

What are recommended DCC settings for Bachmann 2-6-0 (51706), Bachmenn 2-8-0 (51310) and Bachmann saddled tank 0-6-0 (81811).
Don

rogertra

Quote from: dwbum on November 24, 2013, 01:45:37 PM
What are recommended DCC settings for Bachmann 2-6-0 (51706), Bachmenn 2-8-0 (51310) and Bachmann saddled tank 0-6-0 (81811).
Don

Depends on what you want.

That's like asking "What the recommended colour of my Lexus?"

dwbum

Roger, I appreciate your responding and understand that there can be many different settings. However, I am new to DCC and am running Prodigy Express and would like some input on starting voltage, etc.
Don

Doneldon

Don-

Not to be disagreeable, but your question is still a bit vague. For example, I might prefer a loco which starts right up and takes off very fast while you may prefer one which operates more slowly and realistically. So ... if I tell you how to set your loco it will disappoint you greatly. I suggest that you run your locos with the factory defaults for a while and see how you like them. Then, you can tell us what you like or not and we can suggest how you can modify configuration variables so your trains run more like what you want. Or maybe you'll decide that things are just fine as is. But try a few test runs until you know how you want your engines to run.

Welcome to model railroading and this board. I look forward to hearing about your progress and what, if anything, you wish to change about your locomotives.
                                                                                                                                                                           -- D

P.S. I'm delighted that you have chosen steam!

richg

When I started out with DCC, what Doneldon suggest is what I had to do. That is the fun of model railroading and just running trains.

Rich

jward

you will have to experiment a bit with the settings. start voltage should be set at whatever gets your locomotive to just barely move. top speed should be what looks right to you. I realize this is not much help, but there really is no set answer.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

rogertra

Quote from: dwbum on November 24, 2013, 02:23:18 PM
Roger, I appreciate your responding and understand that there can be many different settings. However, I am new to DCC and am running Prodigy Express and would like some input on starting voltage, etc.
Don
\

That's a better question and others have already posted answers.  :-)