News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Trolley Bell Sound Module

Started by HOART, November 24, 2013, 10:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOART

Would appreciate information on how to have a trolley bell clang sound that is independent of the car itself .There have been post about the ITT module which sounds great .However ,does anyone know how to hook one up?  Can they be connected without soldering connections ? How about mounting the push button switch ,etc .Hope someone can help me on this .Thanks ! Art

richg

Look at the links in the below link. You might find something.

http://tinyurl.com/n555yl8

Rich

HOART

Rich , I checked some of links . Most go to the HQ280 sound module .This is the one I am asking about . One had a real close up clear picture of the module. Looks like the wires connect to a screw terminal mount .This is good.
I would still like to hear from someone who is using one independent of the trolley . Again, THANKS ! Art

HOART

Let me end this by answering my own question .What I am about to report would apply to other ITTP sound modules as well,not just the trolley sound module .I have purchased one and this is what I would like to report . Maybe it will be of some help to someone .
1-The sound module is very small ,about 1 1/4" x 2 1/4" .It is very well made .
2-The wires for the speaker,push botton switch and power fasten to the module with screws .However,the wire to the speaker and switch need to be soldered .Any size 8 ohm speaker can be used .
3-I placed the sound module and  2 1/2" speaker in separate plastic bags .They hang underneath the layout . I installed a push button switch next to my power packs .
   ITT Products web site has samples of different sounds .
   Sound modules can not be mounted on metal .They are so small they can be placed most any place .
    Again,hope someone can get something from this .It was a learning experience for me .
   Enjoy the hobby !
    Art