News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Two questions.

Started by momo, September 26, 2007, 02:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momo

First question:What online store has the cheapest Bachmann DCC systems that come with a DCC ready locomotive?

Second question:Is the Bachmann DCC system the cheapest DCC system there is? If not can you tell me what it is? Also where do I find it.

Conrail Quality

1. I don't know.

2. Yes, if it isn't the cheapest, its on par with what is.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

RAM

Momo; You have a computer.  Why don't you let your fingers do the walking.  Look in MR or MRC for online shops and check them out.  Price might be different from week to week.  Any of the large dealers should have Bachmann's system, and locomotives.  Just remember cheapest may not be the best.  The point is, will it do what you want it to do.

newguy

Momo,

I have spent a lot of time online looking for the best deals and I have found that ebay is the best/least expensive place to acquire any bachmann products. For example: a couple of days ago I got a brand new Bachmann Spectrum DCC equipped SD-45 diesel locomotive for $26.00 plus $8.00 shipping. On the bachmann website this loco lists for $115.00.

The next best website is Wholesaletrains.com. It is by far the least expensive website I have found and they have virtually every bachmann product that is on the bachmann site.

What I do is I compare the wholesaletrains.com price to ebay prices and if I can't get the item on ebay for %30-%50 less than Wholesaletrains.com I stop bidding or I don't bid at all.  If one item is too expensive just, wait a day or two and the same seller or someone else will have that item for sale again garanteed. I have purchased 8 locos this way.

There are train stores that sell their items on ebay. This is the best/safest way to go because they almost always are selling brand new items with full warrantees and they accept paypal. Avoid those sellers who only accept cashier's checks or money orders - that is a pain in the neck. Also, always look at the shipping costs. Some sellers charge too much. You might think you are getting a great deal until you add in the shipping/insurance fees and then you realize you could have just driven to you local hobby store and picked it up at the same price without having to wait a week or two for delivery.

I have seen seen the Bachman DCC set with DCC equipped loco on ebay many times. I bought the same set several months ago and I think it is a great system although I don't have anything to compare it to. I am currently running several of my DCC locos on it and it is extremely easy to use. I highly recommend it.

Hope this info helps

new guy