News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann MTA passenger cars

Started by utdave, December 10, 2013, 11:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

utdave

well now im up to 4  Metropolitan transportation authority  (MTA)  cars from Bachmann item no. 13246     suggest what loco would work with these  that match the cars.     DAve

Doneldon

Dave-

Your cars are commuter coaches for the Boston area painted like AMTRAK equipment so your motive power could be either AMTRAK or another railroad serving the area, assuming an independent railroad drags the cars back and forth. The best Bachmann loco for these double-deck cars would be the AMTRAK GP40. I suppose you could also justify using a B+M RS3 or a New England Central GP38-2.
                                                                                                                                                       -- D

Billm10454

They don't look like the MBTA commuter rail cars in Boston. I live close to the line and they  are silver with a purple stripe.

Irbricksceo

I'd use either NJ transit of Amtrak f-40's and gp-40's, I have seen both hauling those cars.
Modeling NYC in N

utdave

Thanks for your help   i was'nt sure what pushed and pulled those cars.   like a ph59 what i was thinking.     but did find this      GM Demonstrator #100 - GP7 - DCC Sound Value  which i dont own but might look good with it .   i do have a RF Hudson that i just remembered i have  not  been able to find B units for  so for now i think ill go with that.    i needed something to compete with my front runner  so i can have two rail runners at the same time with several stops .   DAve