News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC REVERSE LOOPS

Started by ALCO1000, December 11, 2013, 08:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALCO1000

Hello People,
To start I use a dynamis system and have a dogbone 2 track main layout with a crossover section in the handle of the bone that creates the reverse loops SWITCHING off the main through the yard and back on to the main on the other side of the dogbone that puts you on the same main but going the oposite way WORKED with 1 loop module ,but in trying to get both loop modules to work since there is more than 1 reverse loop ,Now each loop only works 1 way , I mean loco goes in hits isolater coming out and shorts shutting down the dynamis system ,PUSH LOCO PAST ISOLATERS after reset dcc system loco runs in correct direction,does this either direction in loop either loop,Pulled everthing out ,intall 1 loop module and run loco and it will complete that loop,,try either loop module seperate on either loop and they work,Am i maybe missing a hidden revers loop ??? I SHOULD BE ABLE TO NAVIGATE either direction on either main the way it is layed out But I think I AM AT A LOSS  ,any help or suggestions,comments would be a great start,Thanks IN advance!  Jack

jward

a track plan would be most helpful.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

WoundedBear

Make sure you have separation between your loop sections. Having 2 Reverse Loop controllers working against each other creates a problem. Make sure there is at least one section of powered track, but with fixed "polarity", in between the 2 loop sections.

Sid

Jerrys HO

Jack
Are you using the Bachmann reverse loop modules and are you using the insulated track with the hook ups under the track? Each loop needs two sets of the insulated track to work properly.
As Jeff stated a track diagram would help.

Jerry

HDiedrichs

Can I add a question?

Does my reverse loop isolated section have to be as long as my longest consist I want to run through it?

Jerrys HO

If it's a circle back around yes unless you want to knock off the tail section of the train ;D.

jward

on dcc yes it does have to be long enough to hold the entire train, especially if you are running lighted cars or locomotives on both ends. you don't want to have something bridge the gaps at both ends at the same time, that will burn out an expensive autoreverser.

a lot of things which weren't a problem with dc become major issues with dcc in account of the sensitive high tech electronics, and the much larger amperage potential especially if you use a booster.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA