News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CV settings S4 & RS-3 engines

Started by DAVE2744, December 14, 2013, 11:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAVE2744

I thought owners of these engines might find my settings for CV's  interesting to try. S4 CVs:

Alco S4                                                                  Alco  RS-3
CV    New set                                                        CV     New set
   3        150                                                             3         125
   4          70                                                             4          50
   5        100     <---light weight branch line work--->      5           20

The RS-3 CV5 setting might be a little too low, but I'm still experimenting.   Just be sure to keep
record of each change you make.  Have fun,    Dave

Hunt

If you like learning something new, read - Adjust the Forward and Reverse Trim in the user's guide and look up the CVs in the technical reference.

Set CV 5 and CV 6 to zero and experiment with
CV 66 Forward Trim
CV 95 Reverse Trim
Notice there are Related CVs:  CV 25 and CV 29

DAVE2744

I noticed your reference to forward & reverse trim Hunt.  I briefly passed over it in the manual, figured it was too soon in my learning curve to try.  What type of response will I be looking for in the locos?  Do I leave my other settings alone when adjusting these trims?  Thanks, Dave

Hunt

You will encounter programming anomalies using a SoundTraxx decoder made for Bachmann with the Digitrax DCS51. Make good use of Digitrax online Tech Support Depot.

Quote from: DAVE2744 on December 14, 2013, 08:01:51 PM
I noticed your reference to forward & reverse trim Hunt.  I briefly passed over it in the manual, figured it was too soon in my learning curve to try.  What type of response will I be looking for in the locos?  Do I leave my other settings alone when adjusting these trims?  Thanks, Dave
Answers found in the documentation.
Hint :
Notice - CV5 and CV 6 are not supported in any SoundTraxx Tsunami decoder.
            CV 66 and CV 95 are used instead of CV 5 and CV 6.

After you move up your DCC learning curve --
CV 66 Forward Trim
CV 95 Reverse Trim

ALCO1000

Quote from: Hunt on December 14, 2013, 03:48:05 PM
If you like learning something new, read - Adjust the Forward and Reverse Trim in the user's guide and look up the CVs in the technical reference.

CV 66 Forward Trim
CV 95 Reverse Trim

Are you saying cv 25 and 29 are indexing cv's like qsi decoders?
Jack with s2 and s4

Hunt

Quote from: ALCO1000 on December 15, 2013, 11:55:13 PM
Quote from: Hunt on December 14, 2013, 03:48:05 PM

CV 66 Forward Trim
CV 95 Reverse Trim

Are you saying cv 25 and 29 are indexing cv's like qsi decoders?
Jack with s2 and s4

No.