HO Baldwin 2-8-0 Consolidation LCO (DCC) - Standard DC Operation

Started by rolcml, December 28, 2013, 01:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolcml

Is there any trick to getting this engine to run on a standard DC System? I have installed the shorting connectors and in this mode it appears to get no power.

Hunt

Not the tender with your locomotive but Click Here to see correct placement.

Notice correct placement is by DCC socket hole number.  Connect 8 -1-2  and 4-5-6

bobwrgt

The engine out  of the box new should run on DCC or DC without the jumpers installed. It has a duel mode decoder. It will just take more power to get going. Put it back to the way it was and try it. If it works then the decoder is ok and it is the way you are installing the jumpers that is not working.

Hunt

Quote from: bobwrgt on December 28, 2013, 02:24:39 PM
. . . . It has a duel mode decoder. ...

bobwrgt,
I know about dual mode decoder but tell me about the duel mode decoder.  ;)

I use an advanced voice recognition software for my replies and I almost never read what I post. It has been called to my attention one or two of my replies contained duel mode instead of dual mode.

I wonder what the person did to his locomotive when the software used spay instead of spray in one of my replies.

Doneldon

Quote from: Hunt on December 28, 2013, 05:32:32 PM
I wonder what the person did to his locomotive when the software used spay instead of spray in one of my replies.

Hunt-

Well, you know that piece that kind of hangs down under the ...

-- D